RCU Forums - View Single Post - Transmitter Storage - Fuse Contact Corrosion
Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmitter Storage - Fuse Contact Corrosion

Hi guys,

Got curious reading the preceeding post.

So I experimented with my new Spekrum DX7 and its AR7000 receiver.

Turning the receiver power switch on and off quickly or with many seconds delay before turning the power back on makes no observable difference. The binding and servo actuation are nearly instantaneous.

Turningthe Tx switch the same way asabove gives me a delay of about one to two seconds for recovery. i cannot say more than two seconds.

I wonder if that time may incease with a field strenght reduction but I doubt that.
I do not think the recovery time would increase with a weaker signal at the receiver antenna.

That could be tested in a range check with a distance far enough to just be still in control.

Of course there is no substitute for regular inspection and maintenance.
Some iems unfortunately cannot be inspected easily and only scheduled replacement with a new item is practical. Example the on/off switches on the transmitter and receiver. It takes a fellow like Zor to open a switch and look inside .

Many things have to be a compromise.
I favor a fail safe set to idle the engine or shut off the motor and neutralize the control surfaces with a model balanced to glide on its own as if it was a free flight model. I think it is the best chance of recovering a model without too much damage in the event of a control failure.

If the receiving system in the model suddenly loose voltage there would be no power to bring the throttle and the servos to any preset fail safe position.
Fail safe can operate only on a loss of signal not on a lost of power.

Zor

Edited 03 Jan 2011 a 15:40 to add the text in red above.
End.