RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tornado S30 top speed
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 01:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Tornado S30 top speed

ORIGINAL: SmgHunter

I was just wondering cause the dealer on ebay said 60+ MPh which I thought was redicuasly high of a speed. Lol
some people will do anything to make a sale.
the tornado is a decent chassis with a good SH brand motor. but no way will it do 60mph. you need a buggy with a much bigger motor for that. and to get that kinda speed you have to spend a fair more $$$.

We dealers are not supposed to do that kinda stuff. the redcat website makes NO claims about the speed of the tornado S30. and as a dealer, we are only supposed to use the info redcat supplies to put in our ads.
you also have to be careful on ebay, because there are some people who are selling redcats below MAP(minimum advertised price) which redcats sets.
if they are selling below that price, then its very likely that you are not buying direct from redcat. this could cause an issue if you need to get something replaced that is under warrenty. this bugs me, but i know that there is no way for redcat to check every ebay and in order to put a stop to such false advertising claims and selling below MAP.
dealers are also supposed to use the Redcat racing name, and have a redcat racing banner pic in their ad.
When you buy from myself, or the other redcat dealers on RCU, the orders go right to redcat and are shipped right from the warehouse in AZ.