RCU Forums - View Single Post - Transmitter Storage - Fuse Contact Corrosion
Old 01-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmitter Storage - Fuse Contact Corrosion

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Zor - I enjoy friendly dialogue as well. I do not enjoy arguing.

Ever since 2.4Ghz radios came on the market, there have been discussions, on RCU and other forums, regarding the definition of the various terms used. I and many others have been coached, over the years, to use the correct terms, and there definitions, so that everyone is on the same page.

You just popped, up on RCU, a short time ago, so you might not have had a chance to review many of the past threads, regarding 2.4Ghz RC radios.

I think you will find that many who provide support on RCU and other such forums use the same terms as I have defined them here.

Binding - This only refers to the process of Binding the Rx to the Tx by using the Bind Procedure as defined by the radio manufacturer.
ReBinding - This only refers to going through the Bind Process again. This is recommended every time you make any major changes to the Programming on the Tx or if the Rx no longer responds to input from the Tx.

Once an Rx has been Bound to a Tx, you remove the Bind Plug from the Rx, and then power the Rx Off and then On. At this point, the Rx is Linked to the Tx. Every time you turn on the Tx and Rx, the Rx is ReLinked to the Tx. If you turn off the Rx and then turn it on again, the Rx ReLinks to the Tx.The term ReBinding is not used here.

Booting is a term used in the computer industry to describe the process of turning on the power to the computer, letting the software on the BIOS chip scan the hardware for various components, and implement various parameters that have been set in the BIOS. It also refers to the process whereby the OS, on the Hard Drive, USB Drive, CD, or DVD boots up and loads the OS into memory.

This same term, Boot, refers to the process that occurs when you turn on either your Tx or Rx.
ReBooting is just rerunning the Boot process.

I did not invent these terms and the definitions I have stated are used widely on the RCU forums as well as other RC forums. I have been coached by the many individuals who I have interacted with, on these forums, for many years. These terms may not have the same definitions as used in the industries where you have worked, but in the RC world, that is what they mean here.

I admit that early in my 2.4 education here, I misused some of the terms and soon learned to use the terms correctly.

Please feel free to ask any of the more learned posters on these forums.

If you you refuse to use the correct terms and there definitions, it is not a crime, but you will just have a harder time communicating.

What is discouraging and frustrating is that you seem to refuse to believe most of what is presented to you.
I just read this thread again from the beginning.

I honestly do not see why there should be any consideraton of arguments that are not desirbale.

All I did is express my own viewpoint and explained how I see and understand things to satisfy my own mind.

Here is another viewpoint that I have and I am not arguing with anyone ___

When we follow the instrucion manual for getting the transmiter and receiver to talk only to each other we are doing a binding procedure.

My own logic tell me that as I turn the switches off and there is no more commucnication then there is no binding existing.

If I now turn the transmitter back on followed by the receiver than a new binding takes place automatically as the two units are communicating again. I consider this a rebind each time the system is activated.

If for any reason the binding capability is lost and we have to start over, we simply do again the same procedure to create a new binding. To me it is not a rebind. it is a new binding.and a rebind takes place when the sysem is activated.

No one has to look at it my way and I do not think I worded anything to imply that anyone should.

Zor