RCU Forums - View Single Post - 110-120 E-power setup recommendations?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 AM
MarkGrabowski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110-120 E-power setup recommendations?

All right, I'm seriously considering a move to electric on my next plane. I'm going to be building, what's essentially an Addiction but shrunk down a bit from 2 meters. Wingspan 69", length 70" fuse width 5.75", fuse height: 9.5" at dashboard and 11.5" at top of canopy. As you can see, this plane is a bit thicker and taller than some of the other 110 planes out there like the Focus Sport, Wind 110 (which are a bit more slender). I will do my best to build light but am unsure what final weight will be... assume 9.5 to 10 pounds. For batteries, I'm probably going with 8S to save weight, unless someone makes a compelling arguement to go 10S. I live in Chicago, the Windy City, so power has gotta be there... flying sportsman-type class stuff, so extreme vertical isn't THAT critical, but I certainly don't want to struggle with inadequate power... will trade a bit of that for longer flight times, if such a trade-off is possible.

I really want to get this right the first time and buy the stuff only once! Budget is not unlimited but once again, I want to do it right and have a setup that can carry over to future planes and a move upward in flying classification. Share you thoughts on motor, esc, prop, battery, whatever info you feel would be useful!

Thanks!

p.s. To reach a broader audience, I'm probably gonna cross post to nsrca.us site, so don't gripe :-)