RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Pylon - An outsider's view PLEASE READ
Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 AM
David Hill
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Pylon - An outsider's view PLEASE READ

Hello,
i guess I can say my situation is similar to others who left when the LS hit the sceen. I had just broken down and bought two new SS and Q500 motors in Jan from Shadel only to find out by April they were all obsolete. With the 426 coming around I had thoughts about getting back in and MAYBE convert two of the short stokes by Henry so I could fly 422 as well. With reading everything that has been written, I guess nothing has changed. Decisions made by a few, are going to control what happens to all of us.

I just ask one question, if the converted engines are made illegal, do you really think all the guys who bought them are going to say, OK that is fine, and just buy Jetts? I really doubt it. Dropping 428 already made everyone who wants to race 426 spend $500 and eat the LS Jetts and LS Nelson Q500 engines. Something like what the Canadians did makes a whole lot more sence by changing mufflers but I guess it is too late for that. I know Ed Smith and Randy Smith live north of the border, but I sure wish those two were more involved in our rules making procedures. They seem to look at the big pictures better than most.

Waitng to see what happens before I make any more investments

David