RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec A9 the only rx/tx that I can't get to work with GP780 gyro!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Jesper1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec A9 the only rx/tx that I can't get to work with GP780 gyro!

At first i was sure that the gyro was the problem, and made these posts on another forum:

"The first two second after I turn the BEC on and the GP780 gyro goes through the power on proceedure, the rudder servo moves all the way to the left way longer then set limit, binds up and as soon as the gyro is done with the power on proceedure it all goes to normal."

"The rudder servo is the only servo that moves when I power on the BEC, why is that and how do I fix it"

"Set the limits on the gyro. The limit works as it should, it's only the first two sec after I turn on the BEC, that the servo/gyro overrides the limits and then go back to normal."

"Tried to re-bind RX/TX a bunch of times also. Workes for first power on, powered it off and on again, and the problem is back."

I was ready to buy a new gyro, and let my friend have the old one. He tested it on his MC24 setup and the problem was gone.
After this I got the gyro back and have now tested it on a JR8310, MC12, DX7 and a Futaba 14MZ.
The strange thing is that with all of these transmitters and rx, the problem is gone!

What could be the problem with the A9 or the Optima 7?