RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 06:05 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!

ORIGINAL: wormburner62

i'm sure you'll be satisfied with the 3s lipos. It'll push 50 to 60 i'm sure. For better control there's a sway bar mod for the gst using the savage xl 5.9 sway bar kit. going those speeds i'd probably try doing something like it. i found the mod somewhere! maybe youtube or the cen forums. On my gst i did the top shock install, you can probably see it on the locking the one way bearing vid i posted. The top shocks were sold on the original genesis. It had 10 shocks. Mine has 6. 2 in the front and 2 in the back and 2 on top. its a little lighter but not much and it looks bad *****. i was also running 1/8 scale truggy tires with the 17mm adapters when i was racing my truck. It had amazing handling with those tires. On the cen forums either here or on the cen website forums there's a good diff oil and shock oil setup for better handling. check it out. With leaving the tranny in there you'll probably want 100,000wt diff oil in the center 10,000wt in the front and 10,000wt in the rear. 750wt in the shocks.
What benefits did you notice from the top shock modification? I'm wondering how that works to improve the trucks handling?

I was thinking about doing a sway bar set-up but I had not made up my mind on that. I will check out the thread and see if thats something I may want to do, if so how would I go about doing the top shock modification? and would I need it if I did the sway bar mod?

I'm sticking with the stock GST tires and wheels, I really like the look of them!

I am using the Mamba Monster 1/8 ESC so I WILL be able to run bigger batts, I am going to go with Duel 4S 5000mah 35-40C rating Turnigy batteries so that should increase the power and spped a little over the 3S lipo's. (I received a little guidance from another member Lombel (SP?). and he gave me some good advice, basically he has a thread on here converting a GST and my set-up will have to be similar.

He also said that the GST will possibly burn up that ESC if i try to use it for braking and reverse so he suggests I stick with mechanical braking which I don;t really have a problem with. So still waiting on parts to come in, i'll update the pictures once I get it all set-up along the way and at the end of the thread I will add a short summary of what EXACT parts including nhummbers needed and how to build this so if anyone wants to do it in the future they will have a "how to list".

interested to see the top shock mod comments.