RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caldera 10e
Thread: Caldera 10e
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:39 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Caldera 10e

ORIGINAL: ebackus1

You can actually do the esc setting without the card and it is not too difficult. I have a volcano exp pro and it came with NiMH battery that would act just like yours. After downloading the program instruction from hobbywing I realized that the esc was set for Lipo. I changed the setting to no voltage protection and it ran till the battery was dead. Download the pdf instructions on the the hobbywing site it is very easy to do. I just upgraded to the 2s 5000mAh 20C battery by zippy and what a difference. The power is there from the time you start till the cutoff voltage hits and it takes awhile. I had bought a good charger that does the discharge and charge and those two together worked wonders. I was able to get 2400mAh out of a 2000mAh battery, it helped for sure. Check out this link for help with understanding lipos it has great information. I am new to the hobby and still learning but soak up as much as possible on here. Hope this helps!

i had also wondered if maybe the ESC came with LVC turned on. but it shouldnt cause studdering. it go into LVC mode. 1st it will limit power to %50. that could cause some studdering. but it wouldnt last to long before the LVC cut power to the motor all-together.