RCU Forums - View Single Post - LST questions...
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LST questions...

Well, after a couple of issues, I finally got to tune it today after church. At first, it would only go 20 feet away or so and then start losing signal. So I swapped the AA's(until he buys a flat pack) and it seemed to fix that issue. So then i got it running and started tuning on it. I put it in reverse and gave it some throttle and noticed the front wheels werent pulling. So, I found out the grub screw was loose on the transmission output. I didnt have any loctite, so i just found the flat on the shaft and tightened it back down. Then after about 3 more minutes, the rear wheels quit pulling. lol Same thing to fix that. Finally i got to tune on it some. Seems to be running pretty well. Transmission shifts quite a bit too fast, and dang it handles awful. Seems sluggish to steer, and the big wheels and tires are killing it im sure, but it just doesent handle nearly like i had expected. My savage handles better than this thing. lol Anyways, aside from those things it is running well though. I got it tuned pretty good. It was pulling some wheelies and running the the gears good, high and low range both work well, and the engine doesent seem to have any air leaks, so i think the bearing should be ok.

Anyways, id say ill adjust the 2 speed to shift later, and loctite all the grub screws, and once he gets a receiver pack it should be ready to go. Not sure if the smaller tires will fix the handling or not, but hopefully.

Eric