RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where to buy LST
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy LST

ORIGINAL: SMOKEFAN

more like 35-40% on parts and 15% on cars and kits. Dont kid yourself the margins are that large. i have had 2 shops and to stay competetive with the net and the market your not making much. I run on volume rather then price so it does help aswell as having a 1/24 slot car track and local races. I wish I was byuing LST's for 400 bux from horizon but it's not the case or even close to the case
Then you might need to renegotiate or buying price or buy in larger bulk. I used to work for NE RC which does very good local sales as well as respectable online sales as well. Example. A losi FOC kit that retails for $26.99, out net cost would be just over$14. With horizon, the larger bulk orders per quarter equals more discount on wholesale pickup, and depending onwho your wholesale rep is, wholesale pricing is negotiable. Things like AE pinions retailing for 5 bucks, cost would be around 2 etc. Cost on the XXL wholesale here locally through the same shop is $439 direct from Horizon. I can just image what places like Stormer Hobbies, Tower etc get for wholesale cuts, but its obviously better than places like Overdrive,NE,Hobby etc. and others.