RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 BRUSHLESS BUILD!

HELP!! lol

I have it all programmed and now I have a big problem. I took out brakes and reverse using the Castle Link programming adapter (Wow super easy to use!) since I am using mechanical brakes. .....

Well NOW when I hit the throttle, the servo applies brakes and I can not figure this out. I've been messing around with it and it's driving me crazy... Any ideas anyone?

PER LOMDEL's build (which I am basically mimicing, he's been helping me alot with this via PM's) He did...

"9 Mechanical braking done by throttle servo via a servo Y-lead. No braking and no reverse programmed into ESC. Because I used a Futaba 3PM system with the Castle ESC, I had to reverse the throttle channel. This resulted in the brake servo applying brakes while holding full throttle. Therefore I had to reverse the servo direction by switching the servo Potentiometer- AND Motor wires and re-soldering them. "

ONly problem is I have no idea what he did to correct this. I sent him a PM so hopefully he gets back to me soon, Just checking if anyone knew how I would go about doing this. (I'd rather not experiment and risk damaging my Mamba ESC or something?)

What is a Potentiometer? I wouls assume since I run the Mamba monster and Castle 2200KV motor I would NOT have to resolder any MOTOR wires correct? I thin I just have to reverse some "Potentiometers? Which I am confused with at the moment. It's getting late though and my head hurts so i'm done for the night. IF anyone knows the answer to this please let me know. I am DYING to get this truck running, now all I need are BRAKES lol!