RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futura 1.9m Build
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Futura 1.9m Build

Hi Carsten.
No problem sharing. I do quite enjoy a build thread, plus it's nice to confirm to some of my "friends" that I can, and do spend a hell of allot of time in the workshop.
The 1.9 is pretty much the same as the large Futura in the servo mount set up. Other than that is varies somewhat.
The Small Futura comes as standard with all of the woodwork already applied ( This is a build stage option in the larger model) The fin is permanently attached to the 1.9. Its removable on the larger model, and requires the blended fillet bonding on and fairing in.
Basically the smaller 1.9 is a considerably quicker build than the larger Futura for having the woodwork and fin taken care of. Not that the larger kit is a long process, as you will soon be finding out
Dom... Yes i figured you might have an interest in this. Sorry if it all gets a bit boring soon, when I start talking about fuel tanks, hopper tanks and turbines
Alex. Yep.. It's a busy old time right now. I like it this way, and as long as I stay on track and can still spend some time with my family ( and not have to be in the workshop every night) then I can manage. I guess you are right, and that there was no need for masking up the entire fuselage. A wipe with a rag would have worked just as well, but masking is one of those things I find really difficult to stop once I have started!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32541.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1563432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34279.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1563433