Thread: Tornado S30
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tornado S30

ORIGINAL: IHATEREDCAT

I can tell you that I had my two day old tornado s 30 running for about 40 seconds and two of the dogbones snapped. The battery pack for the electrics moved in the batt box and broke the on off switch and the car took off and hit the stand at the track!!! Cracked the heat sink and broke both dog bones and snapped the rear hub!! I called redcat and explained what happened and they told me that it was just too bad. no warrenty on drive train or suspention and if I wanted a new heat sink I wouild have to send in my engine and pay 50% of retail to change it. I asked them to just make it right with new dogbones and a new rear hub and the DIRECTOR of customer service told me that my business was not important enough to send me the parts and they would not give a refund on the car. REDCAT RACING SUCKS!!!! BUY TRAXXAS.
It sounds to me that this is your first rc and you bought it because it is affordable; if you had any experience you would know that you cannot get a refund after you run fuel through the engine or run the car in any way and that goes for any brand that you buy including Traxxas.
I owned a Tornado S30 in fact it was my first ever rc;it wasn't the greatest in the world did have (some issues with the tranny) but it ran enough for me to be able to enjoy it and I never had any issues with the dog bones or the battery pack and if i did have issues it was from user error and if you call any of these companies including Traxxas and ask for your money back that will get you no where.
The first thing you should have done is gone over the buggy thoroughly to tighten any screws or check to see if there was any loose parts or broken parts and I am pretty sure that would have not have happened.
Asking for your money back is almost like buying a real car crashing it into tree and just because you are frustrated and angry decide to take it back to your dealer and tell them that you want your money back I guarantee you will not your money back.
All these rc cars regardless of the brand Traxxas,HPI,etc will have their issues one way or the other especially if you are new to the hobby.
Redcat is an entry level brand targeted at beginners.