RCU Forums - View Single Post - Q40 rules (radiators)
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
B.P.R.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q40 rules (radiators)

hi ,
I'm 'designing a new racer (Kelly) , but I did not understand a few rules :

" (b) Cheek cowls, canopy, and belly scoop, if any, shall have at least a 5/8-inch radius at their widest point so that a hypothetical 1-1/4- inch-diameter ball would fit inside, tangent to the outer surface. A cowl, canopy, or scoop with an oval or rectangular cross-section and corners of less than 5/8-inch radius satisfies this requirement if the hypothetical 1-1/4- inch-diameter ball would be fully enclosed. "

I do not understand very well where they must stay the hypothetical spheres of 5/8 radius (16 mm ) , I think it is like other racer with side radiators ( proud bird , polecat , gr7 , loki ..... )

i have not plane with side radiator but I have this in mind , and some photo in the web ....... Paolo Mucedola say to me that radiators are not made equal , in the side of the engine head is more bigger for careen engine , and in the other side is in the rules ............ I looked at some pictures in the web but the size of the radiators seems the same on both sides ....
I enclose a photo , I think we understand better my problem
seems to me that I can further reduce the radiator , but I did not understand where the ball should be placed
Many thanks
Paolo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10224.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1567057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47749.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1567058