RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger 1 #300
Thread: Tiger 1 #300
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 AM
SgtPearce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tiger 1 #300

Wiki quote

In the appendix of “No Holding Back”, devoted to Wittmann’s demise, there is a topographical map<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Pg416_1-2">[2]</sup> of the engagement, diagrams of the tank<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-56">[56]</sup> and the location of the shell strike.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-57">[57]</sup> Using this and Google Earth, it is quite easy to re-create the engagement scenario and measure the distances involved, an exercise that strongly supports the Canadian claim.

Compounding Radley-Walters' difficulty in assigning Wittmann's kill to any particular crew in his squadron were the untimely deaths of several of his men in combat over the next few days and, both paradoxically and incredibly, the destruction of the regiment's records the very next day when the Americans accidentally dropped a bomb destroying the one halftrack that may have carried the evidence.

My theory is, there is no true support to who killed him becouse it was the canadians, and the Americans destroyed our one Record keeping half track. and if you read this same article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wittmann
the article supports the canadians being closer, and i believe they did also attack from the rear of it, where it has weaker armor, i believe that the Canadians are the Killers of Tiger 007.

sorry for changing the subject lol.