RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Funtana 125
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Slow and Steady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Funtana 125

Wasn't proposing or mourning the death of this thread, it was just that there hasn't been much activity in weeks, and there still is fairly regular activity on the Revolver 70 build thread. Although that thread has slowed down to. I forget South Florida weather is fairly unique in offering year round flying, unlke many other areas. Maybe I have been hear to long, but I definitely don't miss the oportunity to use landing gear ski's.

Regarding the weight issue, when I flew with a 120 AX and Bisson pitts muffler, I had to add 6 oz of weight in the nose. I could have lessened the dead weight by moving the battery to the cowl area, but I like to be able to change it out so I can keep flying. One issue with this plane is the lack of a pull pull alternate, which would accomodate the lighter engine. My Syssa 30 didn't require any additional weight and will do unlimited vertical like a rocket.

I believe the yellow film remains on the paint scheme, I only removed the clear film located over the white ultra cote. You will notice there is no excess film or yellowing over the rudder, which leads me to believe the painted area will be fine with the glow. The hour and a half I invested was much easier than recovering and maintains the original appearance, which I like. Just my 2 cents.