RCU Forums - View Single Post - GENS Ace lipo battery
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GENS Ace lipo battery

Yep, that's the simplest most meaningful definition I can give.

I like to keep the other things separate. Varying cell's IR and/or capacity. Unfortunately we can't do much about these 2 things on any given pack.

Some of my "best" cells are terribly "matched" at least that's what I choose to define this condition where the voltage is grossly different when discharged.

If we consider the OP pack , then I'd bet money that the acq pack is of high quality , low IR , mismatched capacity, possibly mismatched IR. I would bet money that the only fix for this pack is to balance it by my definition.

We can talk about the other stuff as well, but I won't have a lot to say about it. The cell's IR all add up when using and charging the packs. If one cell's IR is very high then it's voltage simply sags during high rate discharge and droops UP during high rate charge. The capacity difference determines the final resting voltages at either end as well (with the smallest cell limiting the useable capacity)

My worst pack is probably not worth mentioning for a capacity difference of 1% or less. I've not checked it , but is not significant to me.