View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Blue Angel - Build

ORIGINAL: judgedredd

Hi,

I posted info about this plane in another post on this forum. Here is the post:

This is my first post here and since I found the name of the kit I was looking for in this post I will ask this question here.

In 1981 I went to Denmark to work for the summer (when I was 17) and with the money earned I bought a Kato Model Aircraft kit called the Blue Angel Jr for .40 sized engines. I also bought a .45 OS max FSR engine for it (seeing as the physical size was the same).

I never really got to finish the kit because the gas tank that I bought for this kit was one size too big (it was the oval type) and the model shop shut down before I could get in touch with it. So I gave the model away. But I have always wanted to find the kit and try again as I saw this kit fly and I thought it was wonderful.

Does anyone have any idea what happened to the company? And if it is possible to get this kit somehow? I understand that these kits are considered classic and very rare, but I was hopnig that somone would have bought one of these and kept the plans. What happened to the guy who desinged them?

Would love to find out more about this kit.

So, now I know that this kit is not made anymore. The images of the plans brought back so many memories. I would absolutely love to buy the full set of plans that are shown here. When I bought this kit the first time this was the first kit I ever bought so I had no comparison to go by. Only now do I see the remarkable quality of the plans after reading what others have said about this kit.

Having given this kit away it is one of the few things that I regret doing. But then I had no idea what I had at the time.

Thank you for having such a great forum where this info can be found. I have been looking onand off for a number of years about this kit.

IMHO It is without question one of the most beautiful l designs ever. You are in luck, as stated in the back part of the thread the plans, canopy and wing cores can be ordered from Carolina Custom Aircraft.