RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bind Light Blinking on 92824 Receivers..
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bind Light Blinking on 92824 Receivers..

I have 4 Airtronics 92824 2.4 gHz Receivers, in 3 out of four of them, the bind light Blinks or flashes once in a while Maybe once every 30 - 60 seconds, and one of them flashes about once every 5 - 10 seconds.. it's not like the flashes you get when you are binding the Rx's to the Tx, it's more like a very quick blink, kinda like a momentary loss of power.. is this normal, and I just never noticed it, since they have been installed in planes, or am I having real issues that I need to address with service. A little more info. two of the receivers, i just received as used units, so I have never had them in any of my aircraft, and the other two I have had for a couple of years now.. a couple of weeks ago, I experienced loss of down elevator function on one of my aircraft, so after a tense few minutes, I was able to land the aircraft with no ill effects to the aircraft. but I did ground both aircraft that were using that transmitter, thinking that I had the Broken wire issue in my transmitters gimbals. so after getting a new (To me) transmitter, I was binding the RX's to this TX, and that is when I noticed the flashing on the RX bind lights. and yes, they flash, no matter which tx they are bound to..

Added note: the loss of down elevator Function was with an RDS8000, and checked the bind with another RDS8000, and an SD10G. still have momentary flashes with all the transmitters.

Any ideas/info would be appreciated..

Thanks, Craig.