RCU Forums - View Single Post - need advice, before BOOM!!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:32 PM
wopachop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need advice, before BOOM!!

ORIGINAL: Swift427

8. The 2200mAh LiPo won’t fit in your Super Cub. It’s more capacity then you really need so don’t go trying to enlarge the battery compartment to accept the PZ 2200 LiPo. Unless the seller already made the modification. If that is the case then the RX/ESC should be set for the correct LVC for a 3S 11.1v LiPo. Any extra thrust from your 2200mAh LiPo could overheat the brushed 480 motor ... plus the increased flying weight from the heavier 2200 battery.
Wow man you really took the time thank you so much. Im just using the cheap little 3 channel radio that came with the plane. Am i able to set the Low VoltageCuttoff somehow? Im just barely understanding that.

The previous owner has been super cool. Yes indeed he flew the heck outta the plane. The battery box had been modified. I modified it even more its been pretty fun trying to figure out why my CG was all wacky. Turns out the plane was painted and wrapped in packaging tape and consequently was super tail heavy.

The motors are only ten bucks so its cool if i smoke um. I just threw a brand new one in after i crashed head first into a brick wall ahahhaha!!! The previous owner told me the motor will get tired running the big battery and 10/8 prop but he felt the fun outweighed the cost.

After reading that deans plug link i might order up some xt60 connectors from hobby king. All i need to do is switch my ESC and im good to go. Thinking about "borrowing" an xt60 from the wires that came with my charger.

Think i should leave the wires soldered to the connector.....but cut and strip the wires and just solder those together? I dont have a desolder tool. Pretty sure the xt60 connectors are shipped outta china and will take few weeks.