RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brushed Electric Motor Break-In Guide (Not Just For Heli's)
Old 03-06-2011, 03:28 PM
mrasmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushed Electric Motor Break-In Guide (Not Just For Heli's)

ORIGINAL: JD and Beastlet

Thanks for the tip. I removed the spinner, prop and cowl and I saw the wires soldered onto the motor lugs... I didn't see connectors between the motor and firewall so perhaps they are inside the fuse - I will have to take a look.

I actually have the BNF version (vs the RTF you linked too) but I can't imagine the motors are too different.

Another question - will AAAs provide sufficient current for a proper break in? I happen to have some on hand (not so AAs)

Thank you!

You're welcome.

OK, this one then
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/HBZ7380.html

I'm not quite sure what the diff is between BNF and ARF, other than you put the pieces together from the box instead of having them already put together...

But yeah, I'm not sure what the resistance on the core winding is, but I think aaa's should be enough. Mostly it's the mAh vs the mA that you'd be looking at (ie how long you run the motor to break it in for). Typical aaa's have less than 800mAh whereas AA's have more like double that. C's and D's have even more. So you may have to use some extra batteries to get the break in time you're after.

I personally use a PSU that lets me vary the voltage and the current. I haven't done a lot of battery break-ins