RCU Forums - View Single Post - WOW....Lot's of Hate for Redcat online
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM
1ofmyfuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOW....Lot's of Hate for Redcat online

I just want to say here that I have Traxxas and Redcat, I have to work on each of them and they will all break, they all have plastic parts end to end and they all have very small screws that screw into plastic which has and will give trouble from time to time.

Over all I have had more repair issues with my Redcat vehicle when I first got it, but I have since upgraded some things and shimmed the diffs which were my biggest issue in the begginning.

2 days ago I set up a ramp out back that will enable me to get 20+ foot jumps out at 4+ feet off the groung, I ran 4-5 tanks of fuel through it that day and did nothing but ramp it turn around get another run at it and ramp it again over and over, and some of my landing were the kind that made me cringe..........and guess what.........not a single issue everything still nice and tight, everything still looks as good as it did when I started the afternoon with it..........

All of this durability was accomplished by upgrading the screws in the frontSteering Knuckles, shimming the diffs and adding some high quality grease to the ring & pinion gears, I also added 7000wt diff fluid in diff cases front and rear..... and I have a 39TSteel Spur gear which I highly recommend....... For the Backdraft 3.5 so far no servo issues or problems with the electronics, Knock on wood.......!

so far the only 2 parts I've had to replace is the spur gear which I trashed jumping it and not gettingoff the throttle quick enough and 1 pinion gear in the reargear box, and it was a factory defect issue which redcat quickly replaced for me and even sent me extra parts to completely rebuild both diff units......which they happily did with no questions asked and the gear boxs are not even "officially" covered under warranty.

Now beingpretty new to this hobby.....when I started having these troubles at first I was upset and I said stupid things and made a couple bashing post about redcat products venting my frustration which I quickly retracted and appoligized for realizing just how dumb it was of me to do that being I basically got sucked into the mood by another redcat basher who had nothing good to say at all about anything the best I remember......

As I type this post my Backdraft 3.5 is the only RC I have that is running and could be fired up and raced or bashed right now, both of my Traxxas Trucks are broke down, one with a carb. issue and the other from a bad driver issue......35+ MPH straight into a cement block does wonders for the front suspension..........LOL

I can quickly point out several things about all of my vehicles that I wish were better and all RC's have their strong points and their weak points from what I have seen..........andIMO Redcat vehicles are by far the best overall quality bang for the buck........yes there may be overall better quality in some other vehicles but like I said for the money I dont see anything else that can be matched apples to apples with most of the Redcat products......! Redcat racing is doing there dangdest to give us avery goodproduct for a great price compared to many other who will give us a very good product at a somewhatover priced vehicle IMO, Redcat has made it to where people who have never been able to get into the RC hobby can do so now at an affordable price and I think from what I have seen and heard with the NEW Redcat Buggy and Stadium Truck that they are just another good example of this point.

I'm looking forward to the day I have the chance to raise the eyebrows of a " Major name brand " owner with the speed & overall performance of my Redcat Racing Backdraft 3.5Buggy.........! I like it more everytime I take it out....very enjoyable buggy handle sgreat and is very quick....

My extra long 2 cents......sorry......I got a little long windedhere!

Peace