RCU Forums - View Single Post - Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:55 AM
bkg1956

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!

Roger has recently become a friend and has honored me by spending time at the field honing my skills. He is a tough task master! Basics, basics, basics!!! Entire flights of inverted flying circles, inverted figure 8's, inverted passes. If you have to bail out, fine...but you have to repeat the entire flight without bailing out before you move on to the next exercise. Fact of the matter is, I have taken on a new appreciation of practice!!!

He has also honored me by giving me permission to build his design, and I plan on building a few in the months ahead!! It is an amazingly maneuverable, wicked fast, incredibly strong plane! It will handle a full-power downward spins and snaps, pull out immediately, and never bat an eye!! Did I say it was STRONG??? Tracks straight and true, has NO bad habits, and lands like a sport plane. Honest!!

Below are pics of Roger and I at our first session. He is holding his latest design, the electric "Reaper," which is a scaled-down design of his Scream Machine. Wow, is it fast and maneuverable!!! He and I are pictured together with him holding his Reaper, and me holding my 50" Scream Machine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16089.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1576046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20555.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1576047