RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skidoo Rev XP snowmobile hop-up
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Jay-Em

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skidoo Rev XP snowmobile hop-up

Heh, funny You mention it. I am about to order a second ski-doo at Amazon.
Edit: I just did order a new one...Sadly the new ones do not come with a driver-figure like Yours. Where did You get Your Skidoo-with-driver?

Suddenly thought of something: wouldn't it be possible to slot-out the rear wheel axle-holes, like the slot that holds the suspension axle?. You could fix a spring-loaded tensioning slider -think model tanks- on the rearmost wheel, instead of just drilling a new hole 6mm back...
I think I am gonna try that.
For now I'll use a bit of bike inner-tube to glue around the idlers. It tensions the track for a bit untill it stretches again.... I am still pondering a true rear-track. I've seen some home-made alu beauties for the New Bright Arctic Cat

I put a 12-tooth on the 400 6 v. It is as balanced as it gets I guess. I got 15 minutes from a 1200mah, mainly on flat tarmac though, but with a LOT of accellerating and braking. Technically the 400 is at it's best efficiency when using 4 Ah. (= 18 minutes theoretically) It has a nice top-end now. Still nowhere near to brushless. It does 11.8 mph (GPS!) with the 6v+12tooth pinion, and 9,8 mph on the 7,2v with the 16 tooth pinion(buuut..it runs for more than 20 minutes..choices, choices). I'll have to fix me some 9,6v packs to get 15mph out of those little 400's

Track slippage is becoming a bit of a problem, so I think I'll implement Your "paddle" solution for the drive-wheel.

Sadly I rolled it a bit too much due to too stiff spring-tension, and my handle-bars are starting to rip. I'll have to make some from aluminium stock, or brass.
I lessened the tension of the front springs, though fearing it would sink too much, it actually worked very well. Soft front-springs fix the roll-over problem. It does look a bit squirrily on the rough, but the dampers seem to do their job. I have far less rollovers.