RCU Forums - View Single Post - hangar 9 corsair wing failure
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:10 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hangar 9 corsair wing failure

It's 2011 and the Hangar 9 Corsair 60 size is still having problems. On a nose over, the firewall fell out of the fuse. Yup, just a nose over and no more firewall. I had to epoxy that back on. After about 1 month of flying, less than 20 flights, the wings rip apart in mid flight. I wasn't doing anything crazy, the wings just came apart. There went over $500, $260 for the plane and over $250 for my lipos.

I called Horizon and they're not doing much for me. I would think that after 7 years of people writing on the boards about he Corsair, Hangar 9 would fix it, but they didn't. After close inspection of the wing, I saw there wasn't enough glue holding the wood together. Balsa and plywood literally was falling off the wing sheeting and not where the crack is where the wing broke. I saw that there just wasn't enough glue. Same with the firewall, not enough glue. A generous amount of glue probably could have kept the firewall on the fuse and kept the wings together. How can Hangar 9 be skimping on glue for a $260 plane? That just baffles me.

The customer service rep told me all the boards and forum complaints about the Hangar 9 60 size Corsair are rubbish. Yeah, customers losing a $260 plane because of bad construction is rubbish. Thanks Horizon Hobbies. That's one way of keeping customers.