RCU Forums - View Single Post - HABU 32?
Thread: HABU 32?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Ted62
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HABU 32?

ORIGINAL: edgeflyer

Here's the video link. A little background: This was the first grass takeoff, but I had been flying off concrete. I had the wheels tight on the axles to act as poorboy brakes. You'll notice the very long runout which was cut in half when I dremmeled the bushings out after that flight. Takeoff rolls after that were 350 feet instead of 600.
Thanks a bunch - the plane looked awesome. Speaking of the wheels, I also noticed that the bushings that fit the wheels were way too tight on the axles - I reamed out the bushings with a 3.7mm drill which provided a slop-free fit and the wheels act like they're in ball bearings now. I imagine the grass will slow the jet down if I make a good approach and set her down where I should. Now that you've had a chance to look at the damage, how bad is it? New fuselage or a repair? I played around with the JR9303 a bit this afternoon and have things the way I want them, I think. I have a Top Flite Staggerwing which lost power shortly after take off last year and I have yet to do the repair on it - the retracts broke their mounts in the fiberglass fuselage and it'll be a bear to repair, but, I'd better get to it. Horizon says their shipment of ducted fans should be here any day. Thanks again for the video and, hopefully, you'll get the Habu up again soon.