RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Funtana 125
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 03:46 AM
mbritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Funtana 125

ORIGINAL: Downthrust

Racj - My ground test reads about 1510 Watts on a Turnigy 18x8 wood prop at 7400 RPM's and just under 50 Amps (like 47 to 49) with the 2x4S 2650mAh 25C pack.

Funny thing about the EF you mentioned, mbritt... my son and I have two 3DHS Velox's and two SHP's and a PA Extra 260, but we're now building a EF 300 EXP. Very impressive with the way they combined CF and epoxyglass with the ply and balsa. Very nice. I've never seen anything like it. But I also have an H-9 Frenzy and it took a beating like no one could imagine with a Saito 125 vibrating around on the nose. I once landed it with the elevator hanging perpendicular to the fuse from the pushrod, and it just slid onto the runway like nothing happened. My friend has the Funtana and my son flew it. He said it flies light and can do pattern and 3D with ease, and even the type of flying I do! ... Kids.

Anyway, if the Funtana is going to be close to 10 lbs, then I'm going to have to change motors and batteries, and there are too may other choices in that weight range. Thanks for your help anyway.
If I come up with a way to get it lighter you will be the first to know but so far I havent came up with a way yet. If I added a little weight or a different spinner to the plane I might get the 2 x 4s 3000 Turnigy / Flightmax batteries to balance, but there isnt anyway without allot of lead to make the 2x4s 2650's I have balance. Also used to really want a velox so for my curiousity how does if fly? how was the quality etc...The EF is an awesome plane. FYI I have weights and details of everything on the EF if you need them down to the weight of every part before assembly (yes Im pretty anal like that LOL) as well as allot of build images etc. Oh one thing I would recomend on the 300 EXP is do your elevator install and setup before you install your rudder. This makes matching the 2 halves a whole lot easier. I changed my hinges on the Funtana so I can remove a control surface at any time so this wasnt an issue there.