RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Planes Starfire EDF
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 04:37 AM
maverickma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes Starfire EDF

Thanks for your support Greg. Yep, still a good deal. I might leave the formers off in the middle until I figure out CG, and then modify/install them in a better location using them as a battery tray. I ordered the articulated gear from HK. They appear to be very nice..I will just need to drill them out to 4mm to fit on the stock landing wires.

Next time I'll check with you before buying an airframe. You like a lot of the same planes I do...bipes....etc. Will send you a pic of my giant MX2 when complete. Im about 50% done at this point. After maiden flight...will add remotely activated smoke system!! [X(]

ORIGINAL: Greg Covey

Doug,

That's too bad that the batch of Starfires from Nitro Planes appears to be different than the ones from General Hobby. On the positive side, Nitro sent you another one of what they had which is consistent with their good service.

I checked the RCU Marketplace and Richard Yan still sells the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=729786]Starfires here[/link] for about $130.

Check your fuselage with my photos to see how things compare. I would say it is an excellent value to buy a 90mm fiberglass model for only $100, even if the formers are loose. My external finish was very nice so I just have fun with the rest of it.

I'll post some photos of my intake duct mods soon...