RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help in setting up controls for a CP heli
Old 03-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Eddie nyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help in setting up controls for a CP heli

ORIGINAL: rajul

You'll need to set up a v-throttle curve for 3D and you'll need a programmable radio. Your pitch curve should be set to 0 pitch at half stick, positive pitch (climb upright) above half, and negative pitch (climb when inverted) below half stick. You would have to check if you can program this pitch curve in your Dx6. The throttle curve can be set to a "v" shape. You should also calibrate AFPD with the idle-up function on, with the stick at half position initially, then moving the stick to the extremes.
Ok, thanks. Can't do 3D with the stock game commander. Wish I would have known that before. From what I recall, I think the pitch curve is 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 in Stunt mode, matching what was in the Blade mCPx manual. The throttle curve in stunt mode is 100% across per the manual too.

I hope I can get the Dx6i to work properly on there. I bought the Ikarus connector and USB connector, tried to download the patch as well but when I double-clicked on it it wouldn't open. Hope that isn't necessary for something.

When I connect my controller and assuming it works, do I need to go into the control menu and play around with the settings for what each stick and switch does? How do I tell aerofly which switch on my controller is stunt mode, normal mode, and throttle hold? Or does it know it already?

Thanks again!