View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Downthrust
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Funtana 125

ORIGINAL: mbritt

ORIGINAL: Downthrust

I have a 110 in another plane with a Turnigy 100A ESC (3.1 oz). I'm using two 4S Turnigy 2650mAh batteries and getting an easy 6 minutes and can push 8 if I wanted to. The plane comes in at about 8.5 pounds. I think the difference in weight between the Flightmax 4000 and the 2650 is 13.4 oz for the 8S pack. This would bring the weight of the Funtana to just under 9 pounds. Can you tell me what your flight time is like with the 4000's? I was thinking about this plane for my current setup and if I can't get the weight down to under 9 lbs and get at least 6 minutes of flight time, I may have to consider another plane. The only reason I was considering it in the first place was because a Web site that sells the plane reports the empty weight to be 69 ounces (4.3 lbs) and my hardware would bring that up to 8.5 pounds, which is 175 Watts/pound. Sounds unrealistic from what you guys are reporting.
I was using Turnigy 2 - 4s 4000 and decided to get some of the new Flightmax 4s - 4000 's. So they came in yesterday and surprisingly enough they are about 180 grams lighter than the 5000 's I have been using and 80 grams lighter then the Turnigy. This should make a huge difference. I stand a bit back from original post that this may get the plane close to where I would like to see it for electric flight. I get good flight time with the 5000 setup and see no reason why you shouldnt get 6-8 minutes fom the 4000. As soon as it gets warm I will let you know.

Thanks, and keep me in mind if the weight ever pans out, but I don't see how my setup ever will. I also don't want to use this thread to discuss another brand so I'll PM you with the details, but there is a Velox thread in another universe that you may want to review. My son also flew the EXP several times already and he has videos of the PA 260, the Velox, the SHP, and the EXP on youtube. If you're interested you can PM me back and I'll send you some links. Thanks, again.