RCU Forums - View Single Post - Proline bowties...man do these things hook up
Old 08-11-2003, 03:24 AM
new72Savage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proline bowties...man do these things hook up

just finished replacing my last two stock savage rims with dynamite alum 5 spoke, also replaced the stock foams with trinity 3 pc foams (cut small 45 on the inside edge) and mounted proline bowties for rubber.

even though once i got home, i noticed they were marked "big joe 40 series" they fit perfect on my stock size replacement rims, except the bead is a little tight and tough to mount flush in some spots. I was a little worried cuz the tirnity 3 pc foams are very STIFF once mounted, but no noticable bounce yet.

OMG..these things grab like a mother on dirt surface. The improvement in acceleration is more than noticeable This make articulating the corners a little more tricky, cuz the rubber wont slide side ways like the stock foam and rubber did. Even with alum rims all the way around now, she is still much quicker to accelerate than before. Only thing that sucks is in the deep grass, no bite, and the wide treads are like a snow plow.

Tried them on asphalt and i would say they are equally as slick on the ashphalt as the stockers. however, i wouldnt run them there. the compound is very soft and if u warm the tires up they will wear fast on the asphalt.

Oh and if u use the trinity 3 piece foams i would cut 45's on both the inside and outside of the foams. I did the insides only and u can see some squaring in the side wall from the tight fit and stiff foam. The foams that came with the prolines IMO are totally inadequate for these tires. I would use the stock foams over the one included with the prolines.

The more i add to this truck the more i love it. Only thing i bought for it that has diappointed me is that Fricken MIP temp guage.