RCU Forums - View Single Post - Enya 45CX dies?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:49 PM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Enya 45CX dies?

Scotty and Jock,

I do not know what your actual experience in R/C engines is...

You are members of this forum from 2004 and 2005 respectively, but you don't seem to understand that even "a Rolls-Royce of an R/C engine"; if not properly adjusted, will simply be 'a piece of turd'; and will er, mmm,... behave like one too .

Just E-mail each other, or use the PM system, for this newbie 'back and forth'...

Scotty; listen to JPMacG, TedMo and to BigEd, who probably gave you the only really useful info until now.
Jock; while a misaligned sleeve will not allow any engine to run properly; it obviously did not rotate during storage; and I believe there is a locating pin to prevent incorrect assembly (if, that is, Scotty actually took it apart).

Scotty, you did not write which carburettor is instaled on your engine... Enya offered this engine with a two-needle carburettor; and also with a very precise air-bleed carburettor.
In the TN carburettor, the low-speed needle controls the mixture over the 0-80% throttle range; so its misadjustment will not allow the engine to transition properly.

The air-bleed carburettor is a gem. It has fuel metering; i.e. the fuel-orifice size changes as the throttle is operated (like the low-speed needle and nozzle do, in a TN carburettor).
The air-bleed is only an idle-trim; and it is only effective at, or just off idle.

If the air-bleed is too closed and the engine too rich at idle; transition will obviously be affected. But from half to full throttle, it will not.

Need more info about the carburettor...

EDIT: Typo.