RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just getting into it
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 PM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just getting into it

The boatitself requires no actual assembly, but you do have to unpack the box and fit a few parts together. NO glue or special tools are needed. The manufacturer uses some tape to keep the sails in place during shippment., so just pull it off slowly. The things you have to do, my wife can do, so that should give you an idea of really simple it is to set up the boat.

The boat stand is fully assembled, the keel is fully assembled, all you have to do is slide in up through the slot in the bottom of the hull and turn the locking devise that secures it in place. You have to plug in the mast which comes in two pieces. One piece slides inside the other. There isa backstay and two side shrouds (wires) that are alreadyconnected to the top of the mast, all you have to dois hook on them tothedeck fittings that are marked clearly for you.

You have to attach the Jib to the mast. and once that is done, hook the jib boom to the bracket on the deck. You have slide the rudder into to hole and put the rudder arm on it and tighten it. Everything is marked so well you don't have to know anything about boats todo this. Part "A" attaches toabracket marked "A" and so on. Very simple. If it takes 30 mins I'd be very suprised

I have attached a copy of the owner's manual for you to review prior to getting your boat. It has lots of pictures and step by step instructions. Again, my wife can put this boat together with out a problem. That is one of the reasons this boat is so popluar.

Boomer

Here is some info from the Megatech web site (they make the boats)
Nirvana II Racing Sloop
Nirvana is a ready-to-sail radio controlled competition sailboat that has been designed from the keel up to handle like a full-scale racing yacht —not a toy like other RC sail boats.

Here ’s just a few of the features that make this Low-drag composite hull design with large 32-inch over-all length. Removable racing keel,with ballast-bulb,and large area deep-water rudder that,working together,keep the Nirvana on precisely controlled headings at all times.All rigging is mounted up to a super-ridged carbon fiber main mast and fully proportional sail winch that allow the sails to be trimmed for absolutely any combination of wind conditions and heading dynamic such as:close reach,broad reach or running with the wind.

From stays to clew fasteners,Nirvana is absolutely regatta ready in minutes from opening the box.Even the 2-channel radio pre-mounted in its watertight compartment pre-centered.

[*]Competition mylar sails withstand up to 20 knot (23mph, 37kph) winds and sailing speeds up to 6 knots[*]95%ready-to-sail, simple assembly in just minutes from opening the box[*]Rigid carbon fiber mast with quick release foot for easy portability[*]Radio compartment is self-sealing for water tightness[*]Fully installed FM 2-Channel digital proportional radio provides accurate sail control and "underway" trim changes[*]Jib features lightweight boom and adjustable clew tension[*]Ballast bulb racing style keel features quick release for easy portability[*]Heavy duty, high torque metal geared sail winch servo for superior control[*]Water tight sealed radio compartment for added protection[*]Large area, deep water rudder[*]Low-drag composite hull design[/list]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Vt58034.pdf (2.60 MB, 54 views)