RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Help
Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help

My apologies to the rest of the thread for the hijack. It certainly wasn't my intent, but I want to do this publicly.

ORIGINAL: exfed
Gordon, 'Care to tell us who you're talking about? Seriously, I am more than dissappointed to see how you feel about some/one of your fellow club members and that you would advertise such in a public forum. I think there's room in this hobby for everyone. In the mean time, take comfort in the fact that your concern is no longer valid. Tom
Oh, come on, Tom. I didn't say anything up there I haven't said to anyone's face at the field...yours included.

I sincerely apologize if you thought anything up there was directed at you specifically, or somehow meant to be veiled. It was meant to be a wide out in the open shot at a random list of amusing personality traits posessed by any number of members at our club.

I mean, as long as we're on the subject....

The new pilot will also have to explain why he's twisting needles instead of changing glow plugs, why he's flying glow and not electric, why he's flying electric and not glow, why he's spinning a crappy Zinger prop, why he's flying one of those stupid helicopters, why he's not flying at all, why the wind bothers him, why on EARTH he chose DA over DLE,and foinally he should be prepared to give his insight as to whether flies do half rolls or half loops before landing on a celing.

========

You asked me if I'd care to tell you who I'm talking about. Sure.

You, me, Paul, Dunphy, Avery, Powers, LA, Dan, Doug, Day...want me to go on?

I'm talking about every single person out there who's there as much for the games as he is for the flying. We're not there because toy airplanes putter around the sky...we're there because we're aviation nerds. If it flies, we think it's cool, and if you think it's cool too, then we've got a basis to begin a friendship, and being the Type-A personalities most of us are, anything that remotely resembles a friendship is going to involve taking some shots at each other.

You know as well as I do that the majority of what we're out there for is the "giving each other ****", and the flying is only ammunition....more ammunition for some than others.

You also know...or should, anyway....that I consider you one of the most entertaining, valuable, and downright enjoyable aviation people I've ever encountered. You've forgotten more about aviation since 8am this morning than I'll ever know, your modeling rises to levels of craftsmanship I'll never hope to match, and you're always good for a game of "First liar don't stand a chance". I will, and I say this in all sincerity, consider it quite a loss if you remain "more than dissappointed" in me. Should you choose to do so, that is, of course, your perogative.

But really...it was an off-the-cuff comment at the fact that 90% of the people at the field on any given day are going to question why the newbie did _______ the way he did, and wasn't at all meant to single anyone out.

Besides...I've never once heard you insist that someone only fly NiCd.