RCU Forums - View Single Post - Curry with your Irvine Sir?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 PM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Curry with your Irvine Sir?

ORIGINAL: fiery

Ray

These sorts of commercial transactions are covered by confidentiality agreements which are tighter than a ducks derriere in an icepond.

If I were a betting man I'd wager the news is true. The thread starter on the Indian site is based in the England. I recall the war time phrase that starts with ''loose lips''.

Seems that may have ocurred here? And why would anyone start that type of rumour?

If the news is ''kosher'', the deal will take time ... a great amount of it.

Remember the re-location of Super Tigre production to China? The more popular ST engines were unavailable for years. Lots of questions from the sidelines ... and then ... Wham! ... big splash; ST engines back on the market, seemingly as good as ever.

We can only hope the same scenario plays out here.

I recall Jaguar cars were recently sold to an Indian concern. Seems like the former colony with it's rapidly expanding economy is now picking the eyes out of its former overlord's industry.

Time will tell, but it's significant that the rumor started six months ago and still nothing and we're not talking about some highly sensitive aerospace product here vital to the security of the western world.

It's a lot of model aeroplane engines! So why would it be a secret?

That's not how I remember the ST sale either.

Ray

Skeptical is my middle name!