RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1980 TOC Laser 200 by Ulery
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 05:07 PM
mradcliff
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1980 TOC Laser 200 by Ulery

Hi Larry,
Great to hear from you. I haven't got an all up weight yet...I need a scale to handle it however with a 10s set up 5000mah batteries I believe it weighs the same or a little less than the orginal Tarten set up with fuel. Should be around 18.5 lbs RTF. I'm very new to electric and I'm learning the hard way. I flew it with a 22/10 APC and liked the performance but could only get about 4 1/2 min flight time...not enough. I went to a 19/8 Zoar and could get about 5 1/2 min and I really didn't like the performance. Needs more pull. So now I have a 12s 5800 MAH ready to go just waiting on weather to try it. I learned a little more battery is a lot heavier...almost 2lb heavier! I believe I'm going to have to keep the smaller prop. It's pulling 95 amps. With a larger prop like an APC 21/8 it went over 120amps and the controller shuts down. I really think you need the larger speed control, swing a bigger prop but man I just don't know how much battery you need. I'm running out of funds if you know what I mean! I could use advice since I'm new to this electric set up.
Mark

ORIGINAL: Tree Top Flyer

Thanks mark,

The old baby looks good. I was at the '82 TOC and saw you fly it, Larry Ott here. I was hoping to get an invite that year, but I crashed before the Masters and couldn't get the backup going well enough to place in the top 10.

I bought a Tartan Twin for mine then sold it when I put the plane in storage. I just pulled it out of mothballs a few weeks ago and dusted it off. I was thinking it wouldn't be good for 3d with the small control surfaces, but I am just going to use it for IMAC so it's okay.

I have a few questions, if you don't mind, i.e.; what is the AUW and what kind of amps are you pulling, watts? I was thinking the CC 120HV, but if the HV80 is enough, it will save some weight and a few $.

Thanks for sharing.

Larry in Denver