RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM P-51B Wing Glassing?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:30 PM
dlsmith976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM P-51B Wing Glassing?

Decided since it has been nearly 18 years since I have built or flown an airplane to purchase an E-Flite T-34 Mentor instead. Actually Wife convinced me this may be a good idea as opposed to putting thousands of greenbacks into a beautiful scale model only to find my skills to be quite rusty ending in the loss of such an expensive project. I would still like to hear from folks about my previous post because I do plan on getting either an ESM or other large scale warbird as soon as I get brushed up on flying again. Thanks.

Oh, It is kinda ironic I ended up buying one of the "toy" type planes I was bashing in my former post, but after reviewing this plane in particular I find I may have been too quick to judge. With a little weathering and the possible addition of E-Flites new electric retracts(among other asthetic alterations) it may turn out to be a pretty cool craft after all. Besides, for what you get in the package it sure seemed to be a sweet deal. I'll be able to use the radio on my next larger bird as long as I don't need more than 6 channels. I would have made the cockpit canopy open manually anyway and possibly only added releasable drop tanks to the ESM had I or if I still get it.