RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 05:58 PM
RZielin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

ORIGINAL: patmatgal

Wondering about about putting a Heads UP RC 450 Speed in a Mini Pulse XT. Only real difference I can see between that and a Park 450 (other than $27) is that the HURC is 1200 Kv and the Park is 890 Kv. I realize most everyone is saying go with a 480 rather than the 450 but for right now the 450 is a better choice for me. Any thoughts on this, from anyone, please?
Well, I just did exactly that. My PNP 450 gave up the ghost, must have a shorted wire. Thought I'd splurge on a Hyperion, but couldn't find the right one in stock, so after 90 min of frustration, I went with the easy and reliable option: Jeff's Park 450 Sport at HeadsUp RC.

I believe this is a Suppo motor, and I was very impressed with it's brother, the Park 480. This Park 450 drops right into the MPXT, but the shaft and prop adapter are slightly longer than the PNP's, so I'll have to cut the standoffs to close the spinner gap.

After 2 flights today, I'm very impressed with this motor. It's vastly superior to the flimsy E Flite PNP 450 (which sells for something ridiculous like $80even more than the "real" 450. [X(]). With the TP 9 X 6E prop from HeadsUp, it now will knife edge all the way around the field with ease. (The E Flite PNP limped along making ugly vibration and prop noise for about 50 ft before it lost too much altitude to continue). I'm not sure if vertical is unlimited, but it's very impressive. All this with equal or better flight times. My quick initial Amp draw check indicated almost exactly what Jeff claims with this prop: 17 Amps. (Jeff's test says 18 Amps, maybe his battery was better. Mine was a fresh Thunder Power Pro Lite 2100 so it should be good). I would not use 10 inch props with this motor. They barely work with the E Flite 890 KV, and this Suppo Park 450 is 1100 KVit would surely burn up. It works GREAT with the TP 9 X 6 (an APC clone) on the MPXT.

I'm totally pleased with this purchase. One more satisfied customer for Heads Up RC. It sure beats the price of the E flite stuff, despite being equal or better quality. I'd love to try a Hyperion some day, but I must say, they sure don't make it easy to choose the right motor! The Heads Up site cannot be beat.

I see no reason the fuss with the Park 480. The one at Heads Up is nice, but even heavier than the E Flite 480, and would require fabricating a new mounting plate. I just don't see the need. The Heads Up Park 450 ROCKS!