RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 AM
bluefisherking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

ORIGINAL: stuberger

Got a question...which swaybar set is really the best to use on a E-Revo BL, the Traxxas one or the Tekno one...I have heard you don't have to drill a hole like you do with the Traxxas but which ones acts well with the suspension?
Well I bought both sets... With the Traxxas rear sways not only do you need to drill holes in the rockers, but also they hang over the back of the truck in a vulnerable position, so that even if you get them set up the way you like it, one crash/bump/bad landing can knock them quite out of whack. They do work fine, but even before you have a crash the extra size of of the pieces means that they flex more and are more prone to getting out of shape with a loose set screw or whatever.

The Tekno rears are simpler and just sit over the shocks in the normal way. Perhaps that simpler geometry is not quite as effective as the Traxxas setup? But they (the Teknos) are much easier to live with and they do the job just fine.

I ended up using the Traxxas sways in the front and the Tekno sways in the rear. If I had to pick the same for both ends, I would pick Tekno.