RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have a realistic foamy for AFPD?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have a realistic foamy for AFPD?

There's nothing wrong with the 9503. In fact I recommend you use the same radio as you use in the field.

I would suggest that you set up a new model in your radio specifically for AFPD. Disable any program mixes, and return the throttle curve to default. Then calibrate your radio in AFPD at high rates. The simulation speed should also be at 100% for a seasoned flyer. Tone down or disable your wind and turbulence settings for the time being.

I could not find the two models that you mentioned, the TOC Yak and the 3D Star biplane, in AFPD and any of the addons. They are third party models made by users. Some of these models are not optimized and may not fly well. I would suggest you start off with some of the AFPD stock GS and foamy models. If you have the Platinum version, you would have a complete set of all the addons.

I have imported models from AFP into AFPD e.g. the Cap232 Breitling and the physics are comparable in both. The Cap232 is a 35-40% model and it feels as "floaty" as my real 35% model. You could try importing the Cap232 Breitling from AFP and compare the flight in AFPD. I find that the flight physics in AFPD is comparable to AFP, except that AFPD has much better graphics including photorealistic sceneries.