RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first crash.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 AM
markhamregular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My first crash.

After 5 months of flying, I had my first crash this morning. I was flying a Big Stick with a 72MGHZ Futaba radio and I was alone at the field. The tank was full and the battery was over 5 volts before take off. The plane was flying straight and level when suddenly it went into a spin and pointed nose down and continued the spin until it crashes. I totally lost control.
When I picked up the broken plane, the tail section was intact and all control surfaces and controls horns were firmly attached. Ditto for the 2 servos and controls of the wing. So, I would rule out a mechanical failure.
Some interesting facts. I had a glitch on the flight right before the crash. In 5 months, I have experienced4 glitches and although I have 3 planes, all glitches were with this plane. One of them, the plane started to fly inverted and I was again alone at the field. It only lasted a few seconds.

Is running the antenna close to the battery something that could cause this? Also, I have mud in my carb. What is the best way to clean the engine?
I am really disappointed. It was my favorite plane. Everyone told me that it happens to everyone, but it’s hard when it happens to you.