RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eflite T34 Mentor
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 02:58 AM
phillipmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite T34 Mentor

I have the T34 Mentor and it grass lands great, but area is mowed etc, you may check for a better field to land. Its nose gear is very solid as check the video review where they slam it on the table, my kind of plane ! But is bulsa so you don't want to run into a curb or crash land. With any flaps it lands like a dream, gives several moments to correct the landing, I can actually flare too soon, lower the nose more than once before touchdown, its an increadible flyer. My first flight the prop was loose, it zinged off, with the vibration even the canopy popped off, was only 12 foot high but it kept flying and landed perfectly as it turned back into the breeze, knew I had a better than average flyer !

Believe I did hand launch it a couple times, it will perform there, this ship tho is larger than the parkflyer, but if any level grass area or pavement its a cinch to take off with zero issues. Hold off on the pavement landings if your not sure on this as could do damage there with any crash, less likely on the grass.

No I don't suggest to hand catch, its a larger ship, not necessary with the correct landing area.