RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK Small Bolt Hydro same as HOTR
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 11:11 AM
carakter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK Small Bolt Hydro same as HOTR

Hi guys! I've only been gone a few months and must say that I'm really surprised as to how far you guys have pushed the envelopewith the bolt.
I'm still trying to get up to speed on your setups now.
I symphatize with you Rake. 2 Bolts and counting . . . youdo seem to be the only oneon the bottom side of the pond most of the time. []
My unsolicited advice - Invest in a good (branded)Radio. The logic here is that you pour a lot of money onit but guess what holds the lifeline of your boat?
Cheap radios mean cheap components - correct me if I am wrong. I can live with driver error anytime overTx/Rxfailure. The cheap radios from China I am wary of. Yes, most if not all things, are made there now but the difference between branded and cheap equipment is research, quality control and materials used. For the record, I am not against other people using these FS and other Chinese branded radios - many swear by them.I do use other cheap equipment in my boats . . .just not the thing that controls it.

Waterproofing issues? I have dunked all of my servos, esc's and spektrum rx's in Corrosion X andhave not had a single issue with any of them - even underwater. You may want to look intoit.

I also had (still have) "pressing issues" so I have not touched my Bolt for a few months now.But I did invite a few boaters to the pond this Sunday. Hope it pushes through. I want to test theVenom 3 blade EKOS plastic propswhile myOctura's are waiting to be SBP'd. Yes, I did get the Venoms to fit in the stock shaft rather easily.I will gladly share the knowledge if it holds up.
As Grimracer always say . . . Good Water toall!