RCU Forums - View Single Post - Q40 plane
Thread: Q40 plane
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 01:16 AM
garys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Q40 plane

I remember seeing them. They were Gary Hover Stilletto FAI fuselages that Chip used in the late 90's. Originally they had Gary's molded wing that was used on both his Kaze Formula 1 and the Stilletto. They've long been out of production so finding a wing would be tough, but getting cores made wouldn't be difficult. The planform was pretty simple. I think they were a 56" wingspan (anything 56-58" would be fine) with a straight leading edge, just over 450 square inches of area. I believe the airfoil, at least at the root, was a SD6060, possibly adjusted in thickness slightly to get a 1" thickness. While I think he used a more symetrical airfoil at the tip, I'd just stick with the SD6060 there as well.

Another option is to contact Bruce DeChastel at www.bigbruceracing.com and see about getting an original Evo wing (actually either the first or second generation, but not the Evo Next). Either will take a little potting on the fuse to fit correctly, but so would a foam/wood wing. Chip had one airplane at the 2001 World Champs in Australia that was a Stilletto fuselage with one of Bruce's original Evo wings. It was fast but he crashed it in practice before the contest.