RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE-111 first start... warranty used, but things are looking good.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:22 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: DLE-111 first start... warranty used, but things are looking good.

ORIGINAL: Razor Hobbies

Ok from closer inspection on the video which I am still looking at after pulling it into my video editing software. When i slowed the video down to the point to the prop breaking, the engine is still turning then stops after the prop slings off. Im also noticing a tiny glare at the prop bolts and it seems like a screw was starting to back out causing stress on the other bolts.

So from judging from the video I am seeing one of your screws started to back out and caused a chain reaction of failure screw after screw leading to the center of the prop to crack then break off.

I am still closely watching the video but thats what i am seeing when i slow it down.
It seems like most engines when a prop breaks...they rev-up instantly because of no load. This engine did not rev-up at all after prop broke. I do not think crank was bent before the run...but sure may be now. So why did this engine rev higher at all when prop broke? Something is strange ! Capt,n