RCU Forums - View Single Post - NITROMETHANE SUBSTITUTE.
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:47 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NITROMETHANE SUBSTITUTE.

Oh yeah, I remember as a kid being able to get a coca Cola for 5 cents at the vending machine. Comic books cost 5 cents. Several hamburger joints, before McDonalds existed, sold hamburgers for 5 for a dollar. I used to buy the McCoy .35 engines a lot as a kid, as they were cheaper than the better Fox .35's at the time. The McCoy engines didn't last as long though, but with lots of castor oil they were acceptable. But when you could buy a new engine, and get some comic books and a root beer float at the soda fountain at the pharmacy what the heck, the cheaper engine won out. I remember getting my first Fox .35 engine after Christmas when a rich kid got a plane and all the extras for Xmas. He came out to the lot were were all flying off of and didn't want any help. He promptly crashed his plane and left it in disgust. So I took it home and asked him later if he wanted it back. He said no. So I fixed the plane and flew the plane and Fox .35 for ages. I don't think I ever wore out the engine. It outlasted several airplanes. I had to replace the needle a few times after crashing myself too.

Here is another video of using denatured alcohol and castor oil 75% and 25% to fly a plane using a old Fox .25 glow engine. Plenty of power depending on how big of a plane you use with a engine.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxxXmVthCsU[/youtube]