RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kellogg's AD5 Skyraider Build
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Kellogg's AD5 Skyraider Build

Hello SBD and Charlie,

Charlie, I picked up some of the decals and scanned them for you. The squadron insignias yellow circle on the Fuselage is 5” in diameter with the smaller of the two Knight and Hawk. The drop tank yellow circle is 6 3/4” with the larger of the two Knight and Hawk. Now for what diameter we need to reduce them to for our planes is open for comment. I have not figured that yet. If you are unable to use the attached photos I may ask a friend here to scan them at his vinyl shop and cut some smaller ones.

The Tank placards are for the drop tank, and the prop, well you know.

Hope these help you with your finish.

Now for my project. SBD, two builder/flying friends of mine got tired of waiting on me and felt sorry for me always working on cars or home fix-ur-uppers, so they offered to help. The drop dead date for the first flight is December 31, 2011. Ray, in the photo has cut all of the fuselage formers in just a few hours. Maser, from the Dave Platt T-28 build is going to complete the fuselage. Ray is starting the Vertical Fin, Horizontal Stab, rudder, and elevators. I am required to complete the wing and get all of the needed items ordered.

I guess the build is on. I will keep you posted as it develops.