RCU Forums - View Single Post - Too many choices, too little time....
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:11 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Too many choices, too little time....

Still working on the plane, and yes its the Eflite Mentor. My soldering gun has a dead tip, the one needed to solder the Deans plugs on to the batteries with. The only tip still working is for electronics and doesnt get hot fast enough for the wires. Going to pick one up from Sears that should work well, same type as my Blue Point R450, but has 2 wire tips instead. Igot a canopy latch installed so I dont need to worry about the canopy blowing off like so many others had happen, and just need to adjust the elevator servo, Iwould have to screw out the clevis too far to get it neutral, so Iwill adjust the arm instead. Iinstalled a flap servo, and still need to adjust that, if Ican ever find my steel ruler. Ifound an aluminum case at Menards for my radio, charger and batteries too, and for $10, a tool box that will hold repair stuff, like the monokote iron, and heat gun, along with tools and other things for quick field repairs.

Sunday the weather was good for flying, and I got a few packs through my little UM T-28, and had a blast. Love the field repair kit needed for that plane, a roll of packing tape and a knife. Used it too after a fly bit my arm and Icrashed it. Looks like eventually I may need to replace the Fuse on it, but for $14, I think its worth it.