RCU Forums - View Single Post - I Found a New Rossi 53 in an old hobby shop!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: I Found a New Rossi 53 in an old hobby shop!!

Mikkie

If ya wanna make that 53 sing.....do the following>>>>

First make sure there are no shims under the liner, if there is.... take them out and make sure the liner is ALL the way DOWN,
Looking thru the exh. port, use a scribe and mark the liner to the highest point and width,
Remove the liner and useing a dremel, remove material upto the scribed line and to the max width you marked earlier
This is where a degree wheel is now needed.....time out the exhaust (no 0.004 gasket) and see what you have, you will more than likely have to do more dremeling but this time it must be at an upward angle of aprox 30 degree, do this in small steps to creep up on the timing of 185 dgrees,
Once at 185 clean all parts thoroughly, now install the 0.004 liner shim,
This modification i have personely found wakes up a ROSSI with outstanding results,
I have a crappy old viper with a second hand rossi bought off RCU, i have no more than $200-250 in this thing and it will boogie at 160 + mph with good throttle reliability,
I have many rossi spares that i R&D to get the most go-go, plus i've been playing with rossi's for over 20 years.
If you want......send it to me and i'll make that baby sing at 19.5K + rpm with a 8.8x9

Regards-