RCU Forums - View Single Post - ECU battery, how many flights do you get out of yours?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ECU battery, how many flights do you get out of yours?

ORIGINAL: RUFTER

Eric, what is the time the Cheetah needs for a typical startup? Maybe my turbine spends too much time in ''burner on'' and ''preheat'', and therefore using too much current?
I just find it a little strange that you and Sailing can get 7 starts and I only 4. I suppose current drain in flight is not a factor, my flight times are always 8-9 minutes.

Regards, Bart.
Not meaning to make you feel worse but last weekend we flew my Boomerang Torus with a kero start rhino 9 flights of about 9-10 mins start up to shut down -not including cool down time- without a hitch. I have the 5200 Ma Li-Mag Duralite and it only took 2408 ma to recharge the battery. We quit flying because we ran out of Kerosene (and it was getting dark). Don't know how many flights - if any- were left on the turbine battery.

With that being the case now, when I first got the Rhino back in Feb. I only got 3-4 starts before getting a low battery condition on the HDT. Scrolling through the start-up parameters showed the low battery setting was set at well over 7 volts - don't remember the exact number- which I confirmed with Eric was set too high. Since I was heading to Fla. Jets the next week I waited till I got there and Juan also agreed that was too high and reset it to 6 volts for the low volt cut-off. Just for grins and giggles I just went to my trailer and checked the low volt cut-off on my kero Rabbit installed in my BD-5 and the low volt cut-off is set at 6.2 volts.

Check your low volt cut-off setting by scrolling through the start up parameters using your HDT. If you think there is a conflict between what it is and what it should be contact Eric for his recommendations before changing anything. Just be careful when scrolling through the parameters and don't be changing stuff that is ok.

Hope this helps.
Mike